-my treasured memories
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
6:38 PM

SYFC Joyride, 15th Aug 2009

Haha. Best uh (:

Four to a plane, and I got to seat at the front, cos the 2 other boys were gentlemen- said I came first, aww. So I saw all the instruments that we learn about in PRNASC up close and got the big headset so I could talk to the pilot. Jia Xin sat at the front too and actually got to FLY the plane at some point in time uh, I'm damn jealous haha. They say girls are disadvantaged in these kinda male-dominated stuffs. No leh? HEHEHE.

Anyway, right now, we're all just hoping we DON'T get a letter in our mailbox from the SYFC anytime this week stating that we've been rejected. The wait is on.


The Aerospace Engineering guy from TP made me laugh out of turn when he replied someone asking him about how his revision for the exams were going- "tsk. study week lahh"

But I very much liked the idea of postponing study to study week itself. After all, "Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute"- Davin, classmate. ;)


Study Week Day 1:


Destination: Changi Airport.

Studied alone at T3's Mc'Donalds for about 2 hours, then met the rest for lunch at Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits. Popeyes. Yum. Hehe. There were some exhibition games promoting the Youth Olympic Games to be held in Singapore next year, so almost all of us had a go at the game booths. We finally settled for studying at the T3 viewing gallery. Studying for me then was pretty much okay, I had my doubts cleared and picked up some new stuff I haven't covered yet. It was especially lively because we kept trying to identify planes. It's so cool that we saw three A380s at one shot! Several 747s, easily recognized. Plenty of A320s, even one DC-10 that I identified! Cat taught us how to tell between Boeing and Airbus too, damn cool- I never knew. Good day, but I lost my ez-link card ughh! Made a report, so just gotta stay hopeful eh.


Study Week Day 2:

Destination: RSAF Museum & Changi Airport

Fara and I finally made it there after plans to do so for a long time. Haha, HEY, my groupmates and I should have gone there for our PRNASC Skyhawk Project luh, there's A LOT of information about Singapore's utilization of the Skyhawk. The RSAF didn't only use the S4-SU, they also used the A4-S yep- I don't think any of the groups mentioned that in the presentations! Recognized a few other aircrafts, picked up a few new things here and there, and noted a few others for me to research on during the long holidays.

Things didn't really go according to plan for both of Fara and I, so we didn't get to have lunch and study together as planned. I decided that Changi Airport was the place to be. Grabbed a quick lunch at Burger King, then made my way back to T3's viewing gallery to find.. Clement and Lei Onn?? Lolx, I was so surprised to see them studying there I didn't even notice Syahirah. So yeah, I studied INTROCA with the two of them till about 4pm or so.


Study Week Day 3:

Destination: Home.

Hahahaha yeah. I was too lazy to get out of bed today. So I woke up at at a very unglam 9am, have breakfast and immediately start mugging in my pyjamas. I lost the study mood after though. Been pretty slackish today, and I'm hoping to study properly later at night. Hohoho. Cannot luh, too many distractions at home. Shall study in TP Library tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------

Exams start on Friday.

Puasa starts on Saturday.

And there's still no news from SYFC so far yessah (:

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0