-my treasured memories
Monday, August 24, 2009
6:58 PM

Post SYFC Rejection:

We were previously informed that the medical check-up results would not be made public. However, I still tried calling SYFC up on Saturday morning saying that my parents were worried, and that I need to know what’s wrong with me because I still want try to apply for other flying schools. They said I can still try applying elsewhere because “if it was anything serious, the medical center would have informed you”. Apparently, "I just don’t meet their.. requirements”.

Well, that’s just even more of a heartache, knowing I’m healthy but don’t meet that requirement (WHATEVER THAT IS). Just for the record, I’ll have everyone know that I have a totally zero medical history AND that I climbed Mount Kinabalu only a few weeks before the medical check-up. Ugh, I’d give anything to know the reason for my rejection luh..

Before this, I never had no ambitions, no goals, no nothing. I went for the SYFC interview and told them “I daydream a lot, but I don’t have a dream”, and they questioned that. “So what if you’re a girl, new to aviation, and wants to learn to fly? Why stereotype yourself when no one else is doing so? Don’t be afraid to go out there and reach for your dream.” Then they took me in.

For the first time in my life, I really believed I had found the dream. I truly believed I finally found something I wanted to do for the rest of my life- fly. Yes, I even thought as far as future careers. It was either RSAF pilot, flight instructor, flight dispatcher or SIA’s first woman pilot.

Then, barely a week after the joyride, they kick me out.

Anyone see why I felt like the world collapsed on me then?

-sigh-


Anyway, that aside, I’m swear I’m totally fine. You’ll still get a lot of hehes hahas from me, and a hell lot more than that after the Exams- which end on Wednesday! (:

INTROCA went fine, except for the last question. Bye bye GPA 4.0! Maths today was fine as well- no distinction, but a relatively okay pass anyway. It’s all up to FACOM and PRNASC now. The subject I HATE MOST in the world (MORE than A Maths ok!) and my most favoritedest subject that I always seem to score just “fine” for and not really awesome. Aww. But it’s okay if I’m pushed to my limits because it’s just 2 more days before a nice long break (:

LIY. MUST. PUUUUUUSH. hehehhehe.

Oh and I wanna buka out with classmates on Wed, after exams! Pls Pls Pls can I?? LOL exams not even over yet but I’ve already got a list of plans of stuff to do for afterwards hehee!! xD

Allrite then.

Eat at 7.13pm, Maghrib, then FACOM- yuck.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0