-my treasured memories
Thursday, June 18, 2009
3:46 PM

Tuesday, 1pm, we meet in school to be transported to the SYFC (Singapore Youth Flying Club). We toured the area, and I managed to apply for the BFC (Basic Flying Course). My classmates were shocked that I was already prepared with everything and could apply on the spot. Well, my senior gave me the application form in late February and encouraged me to apply when he heard I got into AMS, even though I was still very doubtful then. My interview is scheduled for next Thursday morning, and if I get in, I owe it all to him.

After that, a bunch of us made our way to Tampines 1 for dinner before heading to City Hall for our Flight Experience at the Singapore Flyer. We could set conditions for our flight simulator, and the hour was to be shared by 3 people. So Davin was up first, flying in day conditions. However, there were some technical problems; hence we were the only group to experience a crash! For me, I flew in night condition and landed on the wrong runway, lolx! Junting didn’t get his turn to fly in thunderstorm conditions at all, aww. Well, it was definitely interesting because we had a longer time in the simulator and experienced really weird stuff, but it is also kind of a blow that we didn’t get to have the same experience as the rest.

Farid was nice enough to drop Cat and Junting at the nearest MRT and give those living in the East a ride back. I really felt heartened when he encouraged Syed and I to pursue our dreams of being a pilot because I’m actually still very insecure underneath all the determination. Silly how sometimes I need other people to voice out the obvious things for me:

“The worst thing that can happen is that you don’t get in.”- Farid
“Just try.”- Luqman.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0