-my treasured memories
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
9:36 PM

Yesterday.
This should have been posted YESTERDAY.

So Monday morning we had the first batch of WRTORAL presenters- who were stunningly professional. It’s.. scary to know that’s expected of me too: Formal wear, Power point presentation, Speech and all. I think I’m damn lousy at public speaking, and I swear I never even knew till I had to do it. Damn, that bloody 5 minutes is worth 20% of my grade.. =/

School ended at 4pm, but a few of us who wanted to go for the AMS running club, together with those who also had CCA that evening, played soccer at the street soccer court! In the past, I used to be some sort of a feminist when it came to things like me playing soccer. Lol, well I’ve changed my mind. It’s not discrimination, it’s kind of sweet really. I think the guys in our class gentlemen for being afraid to hurt Cat and I, showing concern whenever the ball makes harder contact with us and so on. They take care of us, even though Cat and I made ourselves very clear that we didn’t want to be given special treatment or have rules bent for us (like, when I scored from behind the half-court line, they counted it).

The AMS running club’s path was good- not too short not long. Especially since it was only the first session. However, Yono and Daryl got ambitious: “Lets run around the whole reservoir!” Edward and I exchanged hesitant looks, but we sort of let them lead us on before making our minds up proper. Edward later backed out, but I stayed on. It was a huge personal achievement for me, running non-stop the whole 5km or so!! Really, I’m surprised I made it lol.

And a small incident yesterday: while I was queuing for lunch, this guy in front of me opened up a conversation. I was really so.. moved, and definitely very impressed by his friendliness. I think it’s amazing that there are people like him around. As a child, I always thought it’d be cool for the whole world to be best friends. He was just so.. warm towards me, and we’re total strangers! Too bad I was so absorbed thinking about how nice he was to actually take note of his face. So.. guess I won't be seeing him around, even if I do. Thank you stranger, you made my day.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0