Remember how whiney I was when most of my friends started JC and I was stuck at home? Remember how amazing you guys were? Sharing stories with me about JC and all that?
Well, here’s my Poly version for you darling JC besties that I’ve yet to meet up with since school started. (Soon, pls?)
I am in TEMASEK POLY, doing the course AVIATION MANAGEMENT & SERVICES (AMS) in the ENGINEERING SCHOOL. Kindly whack yourself for me if you forgot that =)
.
AMS is actually a business course, but cos of the word “Aviation”, they chucked us in the Engineering school, hence we have to take subjects like Engineering Maths and FACOM. Yeah, eww. HOWEVER, I also get to study COOL stuff. Stuff like Principles of Aeronautical Science, and stuff like Civil Aviation. And the stuff’s just gonna keep getting better in the next few semesters (:.
So how Poly’s different from Sec Sch or JC?
.
No uniform- and I’m very okay with this. I’m comfortable in my T-shirt and jeans, no one really cares that I don’t wear the pretty stuff, even though they notice it.
The campus is HUGE. It’s got 6 canteens, and 2 at the Engine School. TP’s got a gym, swimming pool, soccer courts, stadium, EVERYTHING. And we can use it anytime we want to (:
.
We are allowed to adress certain lecturers by first name. Faid and Paul, for example. And I call my other teachers Ma'am, for some reason, hmm..
No one's in charge of us- there's no form teacher. We’ve been assigned a care person, but we only approach him if we’re facing any serious difficulties. We've got no classroom either. We move about from lecture theatres, tutorial classrooms, labs (and canteens!) throughout the whole day.
The highlight of everything? I’ve got the best classmates ever. Definitely 100% better than yours, lol (:


So here’s how my week went! (The school hours are fixed)
Monday: School 9am-4pm, Then I stuck around for 2 hours with classmates who had CCAs in the evening, because my AMS Orientation Group was meeting up for dinner that night. I think it’ll be nice to do that every week though- I like being with them. Plus I saw lots of familiar faces around school.
Dinner was nice; Khairul, Persis and I tapau-ed food from Long Johns and ate in a big circle with the rest at TM’s open plaza. I don’t like Chuckie because he makes me bang with my head, but I am damn good at concentration lol (:

Tuesday: School 10am-5pm
Wednesday: School 9am- 1pm. Farid didn’t come, so we had 2 hours of free period that morning. The class decided to have breakfast at Mc’Donalds. Yep, the WHOLE class. Fun or what? LOL.
Hmm, we all know my Maths sucks right? So being the responsible/stupid (choose) me, I signed up for this Maths Learning Support Program from 2-5pm every Wednesday. Skipped the first lesson this week though- cos the rest did too (peer pressure, heh). But I studied Maths in the library till 4pm out of guilt with a few non-LSP classmates.
Thursday: School 1pm-5pm, but I have piano classes from 9.30-10.30am. So after that, I’ll hang around for extra Theory lessons then head directly to school, or I’ll just head to directly to school and do some quiet studying in the Library. You can find me at Level 8. This week I was lucky to have company- the guys from the previous day’s mugging session joined me again. So sweet right? (:
After school I met up with Luqman. Heh, we’ve become so close since TPRawks- who would have known? Too bad he can’t make our Punk Red outing on the 12 June though, aww.
Friday: School 9am-12pm, I followed Cat to the Bistro after school, where she got cake and muffins for her mom (so sweeet!!) and we went to Tamp interchange together. I was headed to Innova JC that afternoon because I was officiating in the A Division Tchoukball Championships.
Aite, that's it for now (: