-my treasured memories
Saturday, April 4, 2009
11:28 AM

I MISS ROBINSONS EXPO !!! I miss work and all the people there! I miss taking the MRT and wondering if I’ll see Fahmi on the same train or at the Tanah Merah interchange. I miss hearing Wan’s enthusiastic greeting “EH you’re here!” when I do the afternoon shift. (Catch his million dollar smile in the 1st pic btw- he’s the highest up!) I miss Fariha dropping by my counter saying “Makan! Makan!!” smilingly, in which I’ll grab Zuhaila and Nigel by the arm and drag them along too for our break. I miss competing with the opposite counter for customers on a slow day (Waving our boards enthusiastically and grinning smugly at them). I miss Nigel and Zuhaila’s catchy fits of laughter. I miss slinking beside Rachel and pressing her the screen for her while she’s serving a customer. I miss Wan’s UNIQUE, TICKLISH laugh. I miss exchanging the “HAIYAH” face with the rest when there’s no price tag, and we’re waiting for someone to volunteer to run. I even miss doing exchange/refund- It was totally OUR THING!

Aww, there you go. I’ve still not recovered from missing my job and all the people there.

And YET, I’ve already started on my next part time job: Tchoukball Court Official! Yep the one that sits at the table by the side of the court noting down when a point is scored or lost, keeping an eye on the timer, flipping the scoreboard and blowing the whistle (PEET, PEET, PEERREWW!!) when the game’s over. x)

There are 2 ongoing competitions- the Primary School Interschool and the Mizuno League. Being a CO is fine and all, just that sometimes it gets awkward with the rest. Most of the people in the tchoukball community thought that I chose to fall out of tchoukball for good when I stopped playing and lost contact with them about 2 years ago. They’re a friendly bunch though, no denying that. Wish I didn't fall out that drastically. Haiz. Anyway, the only real blow is that all my Saturdays in April are being taken up- even when school starts. Aww.

Okay, enough about JOB. Back to LIFE.

Yesterday I got my EZ-Link receipt, my O’ Level Certificate, my Testimonial, my CCA Records and my School Graduation Certificate. Feels good to know I got it all yeah. Hahaha.

Carmen, Ann Gie and I had lunch at the school canteen- I miss the grilled pepper fish okay how come we NEVER go back to school on a Tuesday??!
Then we did our classic “Circle Tampines Mall and Century Square many many times, over and over again just so it would SEEM like we’ve got a purpose in mind, but really, just so we can talk to each other” Heh. It’s been customary for us ever since Sec 2- we’d do that after exams though.
So we decided on watching Confessions of a Shopaholic- I CHOSE THIS, I DID. HEHE. Naw, don’t get me wrong, I was just in the mood for a Chick Flick, what with Fariha initially wanting to plan a Robinsons outing to watch that and all.
So after the movie, I check my handphone and this stood out- “Gd luck for tmr!” from a dear friend. I was like “What’s tmr?” “Is it not the start of your poly term?” LOL !! WHAT’S WRONG WITH JC PEOPLE?!?! HAHAHAH. (Psst: sorrilah friend, just it’s a good story yeah x))
Anyway, Carmen and I had Long Johns (DUNCH!!- another Robinsons joke haha!) because we were hungry, Ann Gie was sick so she couldn’t have some of that good stuff. We did later accompany her for her hot soupy healthy dinner though- AFTER circling TM and CS many many times, over and over again! XD

TPSU’s Freshman Orientation Camp coming up on Monday! I’ve heard a GREAT DEAL about this camp from seniors during the Punk Red outings, and it sounds like it’s guaranteed A LOT OF FUN. We shall see. =) I’m a little apprehensive though- I really want to start off well, as ME and meet new people, as ME. Yep, I better not make the same damned mistake twice.

Cheers everyone! x)

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0