-my treasured memories
Saturday, March 14, 2009
4:33 PM

Robinsons POS Training. (Cashiering)

Why do they call it POS? God knows.
Classroom training on Monday, and practical sessions on real customers at the Raffles City’s Robinsons from Tuesday to Friday. Hee! Fun, fun. It’s busier and more enjoyable than sales promoting, and the job feels totally official compared to my Versino stints (I’ve got a punch card, slide card and a name tag that says my name like, whoaaa..!). I’m a little apprehensive about what they’ll make us do for the first two days of setting up, and I’m still not 100% confident about floating in and out cash, but other then that, I’m totally excited about starting work. That’s the Robinsons Expo Sale from the 19 to 29 March 09 ya? =D


(PS: I GET PAID DURING TRAINING!!)


Volunteer Work

Last week, Chris asked me if I wanted to help out, so this morning, a few of us found ourselves at the Chen Su Lan Methodist Children's Home. I’d say they were mostly about 7-10 years old, and while some were shy and reluctant, others simply had way too much energy. I was particularly close to three boys in that short period there; R, D and X (I’m not too sure it’s nice to name them).

D and X are so MANJA okay!! (pampered, want to be showered with loving attention) D kept lying around on the floor throughout almost the whole session; he only sat upright when we were playing pass the parcel, because he too, wanted the lollipop. He’d lie on my lap, sit on me and sprawl against me when the lollipop was not being passed around- very huggable little boy. X, loud and energetic, talked to me about all sorts of things. The little kid attacked me until I rolled on my back when he discovered I was ticklish! So adorable, but he can barely read- a P2 stayback. R is one of the older kids there who seemed jealous when I tutored the other kids and not him. He’d drag me away and ask me to do Maths with him. Poor kid probably hadn’t had too much love and attention. His eyes brightened like no words could describe when I told him I used to play the warship game he was holding onto and offered to play with him later.

Today was a really good experience for me. =]

PS: Your thoughts are true, not evil, my friend. It’s never wrong to think about the way things really are, as terrible and sad as the situation is. I think.. I kind of agree.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0