-my treasured memories
Monday, February 16, 2009
11:25 AM

Last Wednesday I had lunch with Minyee
We got my yearbook- I like Pg 55 a lot =)
Met Mr Sim as well, who invited me to come down and train the new tchoukballers in time for the interschool competition. Yay! Gonna drag Ann Gie along. xD
Met up with Meng Yee in the evening for awhile to talk and play in the rain.

12 Feb (Happy 1 year release of SP’s 3rd album SP!) was my first day of work at Marina Square. It was rubbish.
- My feet hurt.
- I feel stupid smiling every so often at my non-English speaking colleague(s).
- Out of boredom, I fold clothes so precisely after anyone touches them and I bet the rest think I have obsessive compulsive disorder.
- I want to smack people who prattle so quickly in Chinese without giving me a chance to scream “WO PU MING PAI, WO PU SHE HUAREN!” Okay, no, I just say it nicely in English.


The day wasn't totally horrific. I got a phone call during work!
“Hi Liyana, this is Marilyn from Robinsons. I’m calling because you’ve been selected for the part-time job at the Expo Sale. Please attend a briefing on the 26th February..”
Hmm..
Well, yippee!


Did you know Marina Sq has a Muslim PRAYER ROOM? Yeah. Cool ryte.

Then at night..
A call to inform me, then an official email.
“Dear Liyana, thank you for your interest in the Diploma in Psychology Studies. You have been shortlisted for an interview…”

Yeah, so I freaked out.
I mean, The only important interview I ever had in my life was at MJC for DSA Guitar Ensemble where I FORGOT to tell them that I was a bloody SOLOIST for a 800-large audience at VCH, that I was a MUSIC STUDENT, that I was a GRADE 6 PIANIST.
Hmm, yes, I have a thing for screwing up interviews.

Which was exactly what I did for this Psyc Studies interview the next day. Screwed it up.
Yeesh.


I was prepared though. Met up with Joko for lunch to rant at him about the interview and work. He took it very bravely without complaining once. What a man.
Well, it was good seeing him after so long, and I guess this meeting could count towards the once every month pact that we nearly broke. It’s still alive, people. Clap your hands.

Saturday was a busy, busy day.

I know I said my work is rubbish.
And rubbish is bad most of the times, but it also means that the things get better.
You either suck it up and get used to it, or find a way around it.
- Take long breaks enough to rest my feet and let customers mess the clothes so I’ll have something to do instead of just standing around.
- Don’t act smart when making conversations with non-English speakers. “You look busy, do you want any help? I’m bored anyway”. Oh honestly! Stick to no brainer subjects like, “Eat already?” or “Waa, today very busy right?” and “I very tired.”
Can’t go wrong there, can you?
- As for the people that piss me off, I swear at them in my head. No one gets hurt and I’m happy.
Easy shit. =)

It was also Valentines day.
I got chocolates from a stranger!! Cos I was extra helpful to these three mid-twenties girls who I could see as myself and my friends in the future. While I was helping the cute male cashier that night, they approached me, pressed chocolate in my hands and said "happy valentines day!" =)) SO SWEEEEEEEET RYTE!
But I swear Valentines Day is so overrated lah. Every where you turn it’s couples with their lovely flowers and stuffed toys. Couldn’t even take the train home without 5 or so couples surrounding me. Geez.
I wonder what would happen if I sung Alkaline Trio’s “Love, love, kiss, kiss” out loud in the train, what with that smooching couple in front of me and all. They’ll probably bash me up, LOL.


Went for Madrasah before work yesterday. It’s really working out well for me. The class is one of those very responsive, classes where we freely question the ustad, who’s very open-minded about things. I’m sitting beside Khairunisa, who’s in her first year of TP Biomedical Science. I really like her; she reminds a lot of Sarah.

Three days of work left, and since business is slower on weekdays, I’m allowed to come later in the afternoon. Ole!! I’ve missed the computer and piano. My Korean drama has also left me hanging the last few days.

Well, nyeh nyeh.

Cheers!

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0