-my treasured memories
Saturday, January 10, 2009
10:00 AM

My mom tells me I was delivered at 11pm on 9th January. It doesn't matter. I started celebrating from yesterday morning. xD

SWEET SEVENTEEN!!!
I had breakfast with my best friend of 10 years, Meng Yee at Burger King, Eastpoint. Their bacon croissant'wich breakfast meal is 1 of my 6 favourite foods (i.e. TO DIE FOR!) Perfect way to start the day. =)
Meng Yee came over to my house to jam with me. I play, we sing (loudly). I usually do this by myself when I'm ALONE at home, but now my mother knows my secret. Oops!
I set out for Tampines soon after to meet some of the Haydnites for lunch. Of all the places in the world to have lunch with special friends on my 17th birthday, I chose..... MR PRATA. Yep, the one near my school.
WHY???
BECAUSE WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT EATING "CARNATIC PRATA WITH LOTS OF GAMAKA AND RAGA" SINCE LAST NOVEMBER, DAMMIT!!! lol. inside joke. xD
I went home after that. Papa goes: "D'you want to follow me to Tampines Mall? I need to change my handphone..... and we can get you a new phone." My mouth dropped open. "Are you SERIOUSS!?!?"
Okay, I have NOTHING against my current handphone (even though the whole world does). It's my FIRST one, I only got it (even then, without my parents knowing) LAST YEAR in February. I use it to sms people, and call people- and I don't need anything more than that because I have a brilliant camera and an mp3!! But still, I'm sure EVERYONE agrees this will be a good change for me. =D
There was a bit of drama at home later on. But later in the evening, I got my next family present: A METRONOME!! A REAL METRONOME! (I feel excited just writing about it!) It's a MUST for a musician to have a metronome, and every person who knows that, is SHOCKED that I don't own one. I was going to buy one the INSTANT I got my pay from my part-time job. My family knew it, and they got it for me.
AHHH, I LOVE THEM SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
Then my brother and I went to Modena to go swimming with Isa and Nick. By the way, this was my first time swimming in AGES, and my first time swimming since Nick got back to Singapore, so it's really a HUGE deal for me.
Monkey, Shark, Sumo and Sentence to Splash are all games from our childhood days that we never properly grow out of. The only difference is that I used to be the tallest and strongest. Now I run away when we play Sumo and Sentence to Splash. Isa (currently Sec 2), after only ONE YEAR off NCC training, can now win me at Sumo! Even Nick had trouble carrying Isa to throw him into the pool last night! What the HELL did those stupid NCC Air boys DO!??! I'm gonna KILL Faiz, Noor and gang.
At 11pm plus, Ridhwan and I finally trudged home. Ahhhhh, what a day.



A special shout out to everyone I was with on my birthday, the few I was with a few days back, people that wanted to be there but couldn't, and those I want to be with but didn't get a chance to meet up with (you know who you are!)
I LOVE YOU ALL SO, SO MUCH.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0