-my treasured memories
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
3:50 PM

lol, Fara's right.. what is it she said?
"amek off aje gi blog ah." YES! PANDAI AKU!!! xD

Ah well, they've changed the Christmas songs at the Expo, thank God. Also, thankfully, someone with decent English seems to be working at the announcement station now. Even my legs are suffering less now, because the I'm now mostly doing the less busy Mens section, plus, on weekdays, there's less people than on weekends and public holidays. Last night, I bought $31 worth of clothes- and all from Versino too! Lol, I just set a record here.

So 2 days back, it was the Islamic New Year- supposedly a good day to fast. So since I was off, I did just that. Then at night, my parents and I went to Boarders. Papa got a few books, I got New Moon- so now we're just missing the last book of the Twilight series, and Remember Me? for Fara (I read that today though, before I give it to her hahaha).

Right. So now it's time for that "It's the New Year!" post.
*ahem* It's the New Year!! 2009!!! Almost anyway.

A quick reflection of the year:
2008 was my O Level year. No regrets, except for English. I’ll always remember free periods as the best thing ever from School Life.
.
My word for 2008 was “Concerts”. I was going to gain as much musical experience as I could as a performer and an audience. And I fulfilled that even more than I expected. My love for Music reached its peak this year. I was inspired by my Music teachers and genuinely interested in the things they taught. I strived for perfection in my final months in the Guitar Ensemble. I continued playing the piano despite having stopped classes in April. The best, probably, was being with others who loved Music as much as, or even more than I do.
It's been SUCH a good year. I swear it was.
.
starts reminiscing fondly with a sappy smile....~

These are my favourite Haydnites and I the day after our O Levels =)
My Classmates and I on Racial Harmony Day at the back of our classroom. =)
I remember nearly crying when they brought in the cake. It was all.. dramatic with the lights off and all.
My Dad graduating with his Masters in Psychology.
Our holiday in Taman Negara. So cute right!! =)
Damn, I miss Uncle Lim and the whole ensemble. And my chords!!! Man, I miss practice and performing. I loved guitar so damn much.
My guitar solo "Marriage D'Amor", performed right after our Quartet. Both for a 800-large audience at the Victoria Concert Hall. One of the most memorable nights of my life. =)
Nyehh. Never seperated this three. Photo was taken on Career Day, where, I emphasize again, I was dressed as a MUSICIAN.
My sister and I after go-karting when we were in Melaka on a day trip with our relatives. =)
Minyee (WIFEY!!) and I after her last O Level Paper. We got lost that day and had to do lots and lots of walking hahaha. xD
Elaine and I on Prom Night. =)
HAH! My prom "date", Haikal.
Meng Yee, Vino and I at Vino's Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party! I remember rushing down to Pasir Ris after TPRawks man haha. The three of us have been tight like, since forever. =)
Dinner out with all the Dunmanites and Dominic after our Music class had our Piano Recital. The trauma and all. I remember I was fasting that day, and they all reprimamded me for eating my cheese fries like a slob. xD MengYee and I at the Singapore Zoo! A lot of fun and a tad bit of significance for me, that day..
TPRawks Punk Red 5 Group Photo on the last day! God, I miss them. Can't wait for our outing 5th Jan. It'll be heaps and heaps of fun I bet. x)
Jam and Hop session, where, oh my god. I lost ever single piece of dignity I ever had in me. Refer to the next picture to see what I mean.. BUT I SO HAD FUN!
I swore I'd never show anyone this picture. "I look retarded", I thought. But Joko thinks it portrays the collosal amout of fun I had and I'm willing to go with that. =)
Allrighty!!!

My word for 2009 is “Simplicity“.
No more facades. It’s a fresh beginning, a new start and I’m going to be just the way I am, exactly. No one’s having me doing anything unless I want to because I’ve hurt myself and disappointed others doing so before. It’s annoying to have to live up to expectations and assumptions.
.
2009 Resolutions:
- Love and cherish time with my family & friends.
- Do what I believe is best for ME.
- Strive hard for my Grade 8.
- Be a better Muslim.
Basically, they’re nothing new. I could probably just overrule it all with just one resolution:
- Stick by my priorities and principles and strive to become a stronger individual.

Yay! Glad we're done with that.
Happy New Year everyone! =)

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0