AN EXCESS OF SHEENA
..which is not necessarily a bad thing. She got me a job after all, so the day before starting work, I was content to accompany her go shopping. Fast-forwarding the details, we had lunch at Eighteen Chefs, and the food there can accurately be described as "sedap nak mampos".
That bring us to.. MY FIRST JOB!
I'm working at the Metro Expo Sale as a Sales Promoter for the brand Versino. Things go by brand here. My supervisor/employer is from Versino, not Metro, and he specifically told us to try boost only sales in Versino. If anyone else asks about anything else, "we don't know."
Basically, I'm the one who replenishes and organises the products, folds clothes after people and help customers find their respective sizes. I'm never hesitant or shy about going to someone right in the face and saying "Hi, may I help you?" anymore, lol.
Pros:
I'm working with Fara, thank God.
I live in Simei, and the Singapore Expo is in Simei.
My boss is super not strict. Yesterday I msged him, "Can I take off tmr and on Wed?" and viola!
There's always something to be done.
The food at the Food Court is really good, just a little expensive.
You meet all sorts of (interesting, fussy, nasty, nice..) people.
With the long hours, 9 days(after taking 2 days off) and $5.50/hr totals to about $500.
xD
Cons:
I'm on my feet for 10 hours a day, so by the end of the day, my legs are burning from supporting my weight for almost the whole day.
I have to listen to the same annoyingly cheerful Christmas songs repeated around 4 times or more per day, everyday. I mean, switch on the radio or something!
I have to endure the announcer's atrocious English everyday. "Here's a good news for you!", they'd say cheerfully. No idiot, here's A PIECE of good news, or SOME good news- I'd correct them in my head every time. "Get a toiletries organiser absorbly free!" urgh, ABSOLUTELY, stupid.
I can't do Zohor, Asar and Maghrib. I'll qadak it all with Ishyak at night- 15 rakaats, as good as terawih. Even though I know it doesn't work that way, I'd rather do that anyway than not do anything.
xO