-my treasured memories
Saturday, September 13, 2008
3:21 PM

Another busy week!
I'm making it a point not to go home on days we have night study.. it gives me a reason to study.

It doesn't feel like the "1st week back in school." But now it's the new term and time for the final push for the O's, there are changes.
First, we have afternoon/night studies every day. And because of that, school starts slightly later for us, at 7.50am. Most English lessons are combined with 4D and held in the AVT, and the Principal is taking Sec 4 classes for English once in a while. We are also being split up for Math class according to our grade for the Prelims. Busy, busy...

BUT on Tuesday after school, I went to 2B classroom to play guitar, because the day before I screamed at Chris "I miss playing songs with you!!" really randomly.. xD
So! Jamming with Juniors.. (catchy right!)
I was expecting just Vanessa and Chris. But their guitar-playing choiristor classmate Mark joined us, guitar-playing fellow tchoukballer and Alex, who previously already impressed me with her dancing, and now by playing the guitar and singing so well, also joined us.

OH YEAH! My Music tecaher organized a Recital for us next Thursday evening since our O Lvl Practical exam is so close and it'll be good for us to get used to playing for an audience (since there are up to five examiners for most of the class!) I couldn't invite my family cos we're breaking fast at around 7pm, nor the entire Sec 4 level, because of Science night study. So, I got the brilliant idea of asking Chris and Vanessa to the Recital as my distinguished guests/juniors/half-siblings!!!! YAY! xDD
Hmm.. will dinner out with them be too much?

Tuesday night was the 1st (of many more I'm sure) we broke fast in school. I don't really like the idea, to be honest, since my family usually has meals together and Ramadhan is especially significant. But oh well, the girls are kind of my 2nd family anyway and the discussions we have over food are quite good too hehhehehehe.

On Thursday I couldn't stay in the class to study cos Bio classes were going on. So I did Physics outside, but predictably got bored after an hour or so. Conclusion? Pianos. I realised then how disadvantaged I am among my Music classmates. I'm only a mere Grade 6, compared to the other Diplomas and Grd 8 holders in my class, plus I stopped piano classes in April, so I'm currently totally unguided. Put together my limited time at home these days, I'm not practicing much! So until the 24th, you can bet your arse I'll be on the school pianos often. Elaine and I will also be practicing our duet regularly after the shitty Prelim performance.

Friday after school, we had this Masterclass thing, where we sit one to one with this PRCS teacher, who corrects your wrongs to the tiniest details. Damn intimidating I tell you. But damn useful. I decided to skip night study after that cos I was so absolutly drained by Friday evening. Good thing I did too- I fell asleep before 9pm last night- if I went back to school, class wouldn't even have ended then!

This morning I had to force myself out of bed. I was so tired and the weather was so colddd!! Went to PRCS to get my E8 grade for the Music written paper, but overall grade still C6, phew. Minyee lent me the CD of the student concert we both performed in 5 years ago- I still can't believe we've met each other before! It's amazing! HEY! Do you think I've met my future husband?! hahahha what a weird thought. Anyway, went to Fara's awhile after the paper checking session- we're going to BOTH RedCamp and TPRawks!! YAY! I so so so can't wait!

*sigh* It'll be good when we're done with O's.

bracing myself for next week. =/

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0