-my treasured memories
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
8:13 PM

On Sunday night, I attended Ngee Ann Secondary School's Tapestry III Concert at the Singapore Conference Hall.
It included performances from the Band, Dance, Choir, Guzheng and Chinese Orchestra (Alumni and school), which were all quite good.

It was my 1st time seeing live concerts of the Guzheng and CO. Ever since learning about the Jiangnan Sizu ensemble, I've taken a little more interest in the CO. Thus, the CO's performance was my personal highlight of the evening.

I always thought the pipa was cool- but now I find that they mostly only play repetitive chords to support the harmony.
I've been inspired ok. Firstly, by the the dizi, because of it's beautiful flowing sound when playing the main melodies, and secondly, the sheng because of its majestic, harsher timbre that emphasizes the music so powerfully.

Favourites: Firstly, an arranged medley of the Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter's theme and ET(the movie)'s theme song- by the Alumni CO.
Secondly, Matsuri: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBNTfVLP9aY - the finale of the concert, by the school's CO.

Met many of Ridhwan's friends, the nicest being Sheng Han =)
Also saw Junyan there (frm O Lvl Music class) and possibly an old friend from primary school who I didn't get to approach.
Even Mr Imran was there with his wife- who apparently teaches my brother Bio. xD

Sunday night-Monday morning, my brother woke me up at 12am to carry out Operation Birthday Bash. My sister's 19th birthday. We were supposed to pour water on her, then bash her up with pillows- recorded on camera. It didn't work. She woke up before I could pour any water on her and we were told to get out after my brother tried to hit her. I was too groggy to join in.. =/ lol.

Today was quite fun actually..
2 hours studying in class (AM + no Chem!! xD) then after E Maths Remedial, I went to practice the duet and play random songs on the piano with Elaine. We set off at about 5.20pm to PRCS to get our Music Coursework Question.

What I miss
living in a high-rise:

The occasional fidgeting of trees
rustling their leaves
to make me me think it's
rain.

Insyaallah, it will be my best composition ever! =)

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0