-my treasured memories
Saturday, June 7, 2008
9:56 PM

Why is it I always wake up early Sunday mornings and end up blogging? *sigh*

The whole of last week has been intensive coursework preparation. We were given 2 poems and had to set music accompaniment to the text. I actually skipped school on Wednesday to go to PRCS lah. Quite proud of my 2nd song.. =)
It's not over though. The remainder of the holidays, we're expected to do another 2 pieces- Miss Cheong will send us the poem through email. Argh! *bangs head on table*

Tuesday night went to fetch kakak from the airport. She was in China for last week on her school geography learning trip thing. I was super tired, so I didn't really talk a lot. Luckily she had so much to share about her experience, otherwise I would have felt bad for seeming unenthusiastic hohoho.
Got lotsa stuff from her too. The best being an ugly jacket. It's baby blue and pink. (How could she think I'd like that?) I was quite horrified at its colour at first(lol) but I loved it all the same cuz she was really sweet to get me something from China. I'm planning to use it for school cuz it's really comfortable! =D

On Wednesday, after Coursework Preparation, after Malay Oral preparation, I met up with Meng Yee and Vino!!!!! =DD
Vino's the same as ever- bubbly, happy, talking non-stop. Meng Yee was a little more reserved at first but after awhile was back to her cheerful talkative self.
It's so uber weird. It's the 1st time we're meeting again in ages but once you get the ball rolling, you can't stop. I just wanted to keep sharing about my life and listening to their lives that I've been rather distant to these few years. It made me realize how much I've missed them and enjoy being with them. xD

Friday morning I wanted to go to PRCS again. I was dressed and ready by 7.30am, then I just felt like I couldn't take on Sibellius again- I'm too sick of it. So I repacked my bag and went to school 2 hours early.
I spent about 1 hour playing the piano- partly to get inspiration and work out a harmonic plan for my holiday assignments (which worked) but mostly for relaxation sake. I swear playing the piano alone in that open space is pure bliss ok? Especially when there's no one to distract you cuz they're in class hahaha.
For the remainder of those 2 hours, I occupied an empty classroom in the old block and did some studying. Surprisingly, I focused quite well.

Night study damn sway. I came early for the 1st time in my life and looked like a goon sitting by myself. Luckily Carmen persuaded me to sit at the back with her. Cuz in the end Shyieka, Shahera, Zu and Syaza all never come sia! And Fara was quite late.
It felt good to rant at Fara on the way back about something thats been pissing me off big. She's a good friend. Tolerates my crap and my all time confidant(besides Vino) since Sec 1.

Saturday.
GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=D
I came about 10 minutes late and everyone was already settled down. What law abiding, punctual members the guitar ensemble has.
I remarked casually to Miss Wan outside the room, "Whoa, am I that late?" She had this really exsparated expression and was like, "Darling, you're Sec 4. No need to come already." I just bit my lip and laughed nervously. Talked to her about some other stuff then went in.
WAAAAAAAA Yu Qi so PRO leh. Take attendence, adressing the ensemble, giving out firm orders. She has my vote for next president. Or am I just being biased cuz I loved that kid? *shrugs* I dunno.

WAAAAAAAA Jia Yi so PRO leh. The rise of the sectional leader... "Keep Quiet!" she said. Sounded so senior-ish and strict. SO COOL! I was grinning. We need people like her cuz we have other people like CHANG AND JON!
Who are by the way, the new ASSISTANT CONDUCTOR AND SECTIONAL LEADER! =DDD
The both of them rose higher than I expected and I'm SO PROUD of them!!!
By next year, they might be equivalents to Andric and Wesley. OMG.
It was fun to talk to Vanessa and Chris again also =DD wheeeeee~
Salut'D Amor is a very nice piece but I find it difficult! oh gosh. Am I really that noobish a senior? Kill me. But it's so fun to know that now I'm free from responsibility. It's like, I can just daydream while Uncle Lim is explaining, then later on, copy SL Jia Yi's score and ask SL Jonathan or Assistant Conductor Chang Shi how to play. ;D I left practice a little earlier to go out to luch with my family.
I've missed practice. All the stupid lame jokes and all the talking.
But I know it's gonna be difficult to keep attending practice like I planned to. I need Saturday mornings to catch up on sleep so I can study later in the day. My parents discourage Guitar practices and too much Music in my life.

Monday's the farewell party. I'm sure it'll be tremendous fun, but somehow it makes me a little sad to know I'm like officially stepping down. What's the bet? I say Zhi An cries again aahahhahahahah! xD

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0