-my treasured memories
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
3:14 PM

~ ĐмИ GuïTäѓ Farewell Party...
`Uncle Lim came!!
`Food was pathetic.
`Eating with juniors was fun.
`Yu Qi told me a horror story.
`Regina and Christy got seriously high. `Graduating seniors conducted cheers.
`Handover session
I'm seriously proud of Yu Qi, Chang Shi and Jonathan. Jia Yi was already SL since last year but it was good to see her up there anyway. Congratz to Beatrice and everyone else in the committee.
`Brought in the cake-
Waa, I tell you damn dramatic ok? Suddenly the lights went off and the lighted cake was brought in. I loved that moment lah. The cake was really gorgeously beautiful. (and delicious too! hehee) `Performance.
`unofficial end.
BIG HUG. Stayed on kpo kpo around with their games. Take random photos of weird looking juniors (lipstick/cake) and bitched a little and talked with other seniors and Miss Wan. `Didn't get my stupid group photo.

AND I OFFICIALLY BECAME CCA-LESS.

Next day, came to school 2 hours early (AM free period) to self study, play piano and scout their practice venue. At recess time, I got the group photo minus Vanessa (talk to Miss Wan) and Jonathan (badminton tournament).
Hung around to talk then went for class. I was seriously hurt in class when someone said I had to learn to "let go." Was disturbed the whole 2 hours of Physics. Felt depressed after school... couldn't join them for orienteering. Got me bandung ice blended bubble tea. Went for Maths tuition feeling pissed.

I'M NOT IN THE DMN GUITAR ENSEMBLE ANYMORE.
Been playing an old song a lot lately..
"Wherever You Will Go"
If I could, then I would- I'll go wherever you will go. Way up high or down low- I'll go wherever you will go. Maybe i'll find out a way to make it back some day, To watch you, to guide you through the darkest of your days..
Anyone wanna guess what it's about? =/


Now.
Lets reminisce the ĐмИ GuïTäѓ experience...

Sec 1:
This might surprise some of you- I was a loner during guitar practices.. ;)
Yep, being the only person in my class to join ĐмИ GuïTäѓ meant that I had no friends in that CCA yet. I immediately joined chords from the very first day. I was the only Sec 1 to join the chords section, besides Adelle. Naturally, all the chords seniors already had their own cliques and regarded me inferior.
I accompanied the ensemble for their SYF as a helper and saw my Primary School guitar instructor, Mr Alvin, who greeted me enthusiatically and seemed delighted that I was continuing in the guitar ensemble in Secondary School.
My first sec sch performance was Speech Day. The ensemble was rushing and Adelle blamed me for not staying in time. I was indigent and upset.
I used to dread practices and get lonely all the time.
I was on the verge of quitting, but for my own personal reasons, I stayed on.
Songs to remember: Dream A Little Dream, Sway, Magnificent 7

Sec 2:
Everything changed with just one person- Sarah Norlina. Anybody who met her, even just once, will surely remember her.
She joined the chords, along with Bing Yu and Alvin. She talked to me all the time, teaching me Green Day songs while I shared with her Simple Plan songs.
We used to talk about everything- boys, life studies you name it. I loved her so much and regarded her nearly like a sister.
Serenata 4 concert at VCH was filled with just so many memories. Sarah and I ran around the place like idiots, playing songs and games like little kids. I also got to know Ru Lan and Diyanah better, though that was kinda pointless cuz they were stepping down after this concert.
Just for fun: It was the farewell party that year where I met Yu Qi for the very first time. We later also became teammates in tchoukball, along with Wei Jing and Xui Wen.

Didn't Zhi An look gay and tiny?Didn't I look gay and retarded? The year progressed. Adelle stopped coming for practices. Si Hua joined Chords. Wesley joined guitar and joined chords. Uncle Lim was fascinated by Wes cuz he could read notes- he later became the SL. Jia Yi became the next only Sec 1 to join the chords.
Songs to remmeber: Sakura, Tea For Two, Guan Huai Fang Shi

Sec 3:

Has anyone ever seen my guitar up close and wondered why it so uglyly has glue streaked all over it and that its bridge is quite loose? My guitar is a secondhand guitar- my Primary Sch guitar ensemble teacher gave it to me. He inspired me and told me I had potential- that's why I quit band (yes, I nearly became a trumpeteer- imagine that!) to join guitar and stayed in guitar despite hating it in Sec 1. I wanted to call myself a guitarist just like him and see him again at the SYF.
Uncle Lim saw my guitar. And he told me to play the steel string guitar for the SYF. I was so upset and furious I cried. Poor Uncle Lim didn't understand why. I've always thought that I'd play Mr Alvin's guitar in the SYF when I met him. Now I couldn't. But it didn't matter anyway. Because Mr Alvin didn't remember me when I approached him at the SYF- I could tell. and I was crushed.
After the seniors stepped down, we recruited a new bunch of chords.
I remember being very sad at the farewell party in November. I did have fun playing captains ball though! but I was so disappointed that Sarah didn't make it, I almost felt angry at her. It was scary to know that I was to assume much greater responsibilities as the new senior.
Songs to remember: Over The Rainbow, In The Mood.

Sec 4:
Highlight of the year, undoubtedly is the Musical Extravagenza Concert.
I’ve sincerely enjoyed coming for practices.
I won’t elaborate so much on Sec 4 cuz I think everyone knows it all already. Anyway, my memories are scattered all over this blog, and my diary in many bits and pieces.
Songs to remember: Marriage D’Amor, La Playa, Right Here Waiting, Tocatta, Qing Fei De Yi.

Special people from the ĐмИ GuïTäѓ that have played a significant part my life:


`Uncle Lim
`Andric
`Sarah Norlina
`Wesley
`Regina
`Auntyin
`Zhi An
`Jia Yi
`Yu Qi
`Xui Wen

`Jeanette
`Wei Jing
`Jonathan
`Chang Shi
`Vanessa
`Chris
`Christy
`Wee Kiong


I love them all to bits, except for Andric, Wesley and Uncle Lim- for them, and Sarah, I deeply appreciate them inspiring and guiding me, contributing to my musical growth and I’ll be eternally grateful, even if they don’t know it.

ĐмИ ĜűïŦäѓ™ shall always be loved!
//farewell is not goodbye forever.


Now, what better way to end of this super long post (probably longest in my life you’ll ever get) than a quiz Chang Shi tagged me to do?

1) Nick
2) Ismail
3) Isa
4) Chang Shi
5) Zhi An
6) Chris
7) Vanessa
8) Christy
9) Jia Yi
10) Shyieka
11) Zunairah
12) Ashwanee
13) Shahera
14) Ann Gie
15) Eileen
16) Khairul
17) Haikal
18) Meng Yee
19) Vino
20) Carmen

#1 What is ur relationship wif 14? One of my best friends, a half sister, my tchoukball captain.
#2 Do u love 6? Heck yeah! xD
#3 Did u see 13 naked b4? YOU WISH! LOL
#4 How did u know 5? Guitar xD
#5 is 9 a girl or boy? Girl.
#6 Is 7 ur best fren?
Not really, but she's my darling junior =D
#7 How old is 19 last yr? well most of last year she was 14. Cuz she's a November baby heee!
#8 What is 12's full name? A. Ashwanee
#9 Did u kiss 17 b4? Oh gawd NO!!
#10 Can 4 be in a relationship wif u?
*laughs uncontrollably* I DONT THINK SO! xD
#11 Who 2 always hang out wif?
I don't know his friends.
#12 What school 10 go to? Dunman Sec.
#13 What is 11's telephone no?
Alamak! never memorize lah.
#14 What did 1 tell u tat u will always remember? "No, I don't have an Aus gf yet"-hillarious. xD
#15 Are you very close to 15? Not bad xD
#16 What is the very special thing tat u like about 3 most? He's excessively polite with me even though I knew him since P1
#17 What do u hate bout 8 the most?
I dont! She's so bubbly and un-hatable! sorry no answer there..
#18 If ppl say bad things about 16, wat wl u do? Tell them off, meanly if nessasary.
#19 Do u hate 20? heck NO.
#20 What language 19 speak? English, Tamil.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0