-my treasured memories
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
3:39 PM

The MYEs have started!!!
Oh, damn.
So far, English was suckish. Malay was better than usual. Ran outta time for SS. Quite happy with Maths Paper 1.

Last Sunday, my family went out for lunch to use up more vouchers- 3 free meals.
I think the prices at Swensens are expensive.
Would NOT eat there unless someone else is paying... =/
Then we went to Boarders Bookshop.
I was reminded of my last visit to a bookshop this big. (say "kinokuniya" 3x real fast!!) I didn't agree then, but bookshops do bore me.
Except for their Music section. THICK booklets of piano and guitar scores of songs I've never heard of and priced at prices I can't afford =P and lotsa tempting classical music CDs too.

Then at night I chatted with Jeff a little.
It's really nice to hear from anyone at all from the tchoukball world now I've left. So yeah, it felt good. I miss the team very much.

Yesterday I had 2 important emails.
One confirmed my decision to go on with the referee course and made me feel really happy to hear from an old teammate of mine.
The other might determine my future... =/
Did you know there's Direct Admission to Polytechnics now too?
Cool shit, no?

~

Today after school, I went to TBAS, Kallang to pass up my Referee course form.
Right after I got my shrooms burger with Shahera hehehhe!!

Outside the Kallang MRT Station...
BANG!
The wooden platform is gone. The bunch of old flats have been torn down.
I was astounded. How long had I not come here?

*sigh* nearly a year...

So I alighted one stop earlier than usual so I could slowly cross the bridge and approach TBAS. It was magical, the scene I saw- I've been dreaming of it for so long. The river, playground, the court. A blue bird flew in front of me and the breeze whistled welcome. It was damn nostalgic.
I remember I wanted to go there on my 16th birthday.
That's how special this place is for me, truly.

I lingered on the court. The ONLY tchoukball court in Singapore.
I remembered swinging Rezal's baseball bat to work on the stomach muscles. I remembered Si Yuan climbing into the drain to retrieve the tchoukball. I remembered the night practice where I accidentally threw the ball into Kendrick's stomach. I remembered all the drills and throwing practices. The group warm ups and warm downs. And I kept thinking of all the wonderful people I met. =)

Then I went in.
Immediately saw Melissa and Merilyn!! Realized Jeff was there too.
Merr was like "Is that.... Liyana?" ahahahax!
Oh damn, it was good to see them all again.
Jeff was all "Don't be too stressed- you've lost weight!" when he heard I was in the midst of my MYEs. I was so amused. Mel waved goodbye enthusiastically when I left...
I kept smiling all the way home.
It was a good belated birthday present for me. =)

On the way home, I decided that although Jeff was wrong, I wasn't stressed and I certainly didn't lose weight (heck, it's more the other way round!), I thought a Burger King's Hershley Sundae Pie wouldn't hurt... ;D

Better go eat it.
I left it in the fridge.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0