-my treasured memories
Friday, December 21, 2007
12:32 AM

Just came back from a nice longgg holiday to KL, Langkawi and Penang.
All by car and ferry- imagine all the day dreaming time for me. heee.
This year has been hell swell, and most of the highlights are happening so quickly all at once.


Highlights of 07:
1) Tchoukball
2) SYF
3) life changing OBS!!

4) Australia
5) Meeting Simple Plan!
6) Zoo working attachment!
7) Holiday



You know what? I'm so going back to the zoo next year.
I swear I learnt loads, had tons of fun and had another incredible experience.
If you get the right department (anything NOT Primate Kingdom), the zoo keepers are really friendly. They'll bring you along for their duties, answer your questions, keep you busy and talk to you like a friend. I’m very fond of Selvan, Nawawi and Chew =) I'll be back at the treetop trail after my Os! Thank you and take care!



The experience was great, but what made my experience WONDERFUL was the company. I was paired with Shahera, but on the last day with Ashwanee and Ying Hong. The journey to the zoo and back was one and a half hours each. We got really close talking so much in all that time. Even better, I met Nicholas. Shahera and I worked with him for 2 days. He's the nicest guy ever. He helped us a lot when we worked together and showed us around the zoo. (yes, you can tour the zoo for free after work) Working and having lunch with all my friends just made everything much nicer.


11th Dec, Tuesday afternoon, my family set off for KL- 2 nights.
Drove up all the way to Kuala Kedah, where we took a ferry to Langkawi- 4 nights
Ferry back to Kuala Kedah and drive down to Penang, where we met up with our relatives. -another 3 nights.


Highlights:
1) snorkeling
Fish bite when you’re on their territory- and it hurts. I swam with baby sharks! My brother and I snorkeled the furthest out and saw a huuuge garupa- lots of muffled screaming there. We also saw sea urchins on the sea bed and too many different species of fish.


2) Beaches
Langkawi has the most beautiful beaches ever. Can’t remember the names off hand, but shore, sea, breeze and sunset was beautiful. My dad tried to catch a crab in the shallow sea. The crab’s pincers were faster.




3) Penang Hill
It’s a few hundred metres above sea level. You take a train up which is scary because of the steep, nearly vertical slopes up. On the top, it’s cooler and the scenery is gorgeous. I got to have a snake around my shoulders and a black henna drawing at the back of my neck.


A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0