-my treasured memories
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
3:33 PM

Yesterday, 27/11/2007, I met Simple Plan.

Regristration at Lasalle School of the Arts was at 5.30pm. The 5 of us were there at 3pm.
We went for a drink at some place nearby, on our way back there, we saw the 2nd group of 4 fans. They were screaming "David!" I immediately ran and looked up to the 4th storey bridge.
Thus I got my first glimpse of Simple Plan.

As the buiding was practically made out of glass, I ran around trying to get another view of them.
I suceeded in seeing their backs from the other side of the building.

We went up for a closer view. Outside the library, I took out my camera.
Pierre saw and smiled right at me (!!!!!!!!!), amused.
We got told off by their crew who were also outside.

We decided to wait at the regristration table although there was about 2 hours to go.
We were literally first in line for the concert.

Later on they came down to get ready and check sound systems etc.
I saw Patrick, 6th unofficial SP member, SP.com webmaster and Eric Lawrence, their manager.
They practiced "When I'm Gone" and teased us with a small part of "More Than Words."
Pierre was "saying I love you....hahaa!!" after Jeff played the intro.

Then Pierre came over. (!!!!!!!!!!)
His first words were directed to us 5 and were "First in line, eh?"
I HUGGED HIM.
I got a picture with him.
I got his autograph.
Then I had to share him with the other girls and the rest of the small line which had built up.

Then Chuck came over too.
Similarly got his autograph and a picture with him.

We got front row seats (2nd row actually) because of our first in line thing.
The pathway for them to walk was beside me.

Before the show, I painted my hand with the words "You're my Aliens!"
And we made a sign that said "We want picks!"

I managed to grasp each and every one of their hands as they made their way to stage.
I touched David, Jeff, Pierre, Seb and Chuck's hand.
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before they startied the show, I called out real loud "Jeff!!"
He looked at me and I put up the "We Want Picks" sign.
He smiled at me. (!!!!!!!!)
I just grinned back and laughed.

Before playing, Pierre asked the crowd.
"How many of you here consider youself a TRUUUE Simple Plan Fan?"
My hand shot up with Sarah and this girl in the front row (she previosly told me she went to SP's concert too, 2 years ago)
Pierre was "Not bad, quite a few............three."
I looked around behind me, disguested, insulted these faker poser people even came.
He continued" What are the rest of you doing here?.......nah I'm just kidding."
He laughed, but I was bursting to say it's true!
THEY'RE ALL FAKE!

anyway....

They played "Shut Up" as their opening number, starting with Seb's sexy french count "trois, quatre"

Then it opened up to the floor for questions. One of the questions was- "What song of yous relates to you most?"

They all answered. At David's turn, he said immediately "My Alien."
I straight away lifted my "You're My Alien" hand out, grinning at him.
Pierre pointed right to me and said "Hey!" into the mike.
David looked at me too then and grinned back.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they played another 3 more songs, When I'm Gone, Crazy and Welcome To My Life.
More questions in between.
People who got chosen to ask their questions got a record with a single track of their new single, "When I'm Gone"- it's cover was autograph by all 5 members. Sarah got one!

At the end of the concert, Jeff, the lead guitarist of Simple Plan, lightly tossed his guitar pick, RIGHT AT ME.
The pick he used to play all 4 songs for the concert - FOR ME.
Sarah caught it and passed it to me.
I was so shocked, when I found the words to thank him, he was already looking away.

They also tossed their half-drunk water bottles to the fans.

After the show, it was impossible to get to them. They were practically stampeded by fans.
So we were all- let's go to the carpark, see if we can find their small white van- the "excursion bus".
We couldn't.

So we gave up, we pressed for the lift to take us up so we could go home.
When the lift opened, a guitar case poked out, then Seb came out holidng it.
He happily said "You found us!" like we were playing hide and seek or something.
Then behind him, David, Pierre, Jeff, Chuck, Eric, Pat and 2 other bodyguards.
Makes you wonder how they all fit into that tiny lift eh?

No, after that we still didn't get autographs from David, Seb and Jeff cuz they were hurried along.
The only one that stayed was Chuck and we already got autograph and picture from him.
Plus about 20 other fans were also in the basement.
They crowded around Chuck.

We went up, and tried waiting at their van.
It was obviously a distraction seeing as we knew they already went down, but we just waited anyway to see if anything would happen.
Nothing did.
It drove off.

But we saw Simple Plan come up again from the basement later on.
They headed towards the side of the building.
So we went hurried there too.

We waited slightly ahead of the van.
So after they got on, and the van went off, it passed right by us.
Us were waving like some kinda mad people goodbye.
They didn't see us.

There were 5 taxis following their van
die-hard crazy all-the-way insane mad STALKER fans, they were.
Must be trying to find out where the guys are staying.

Anyway,
After a 5 year long obsession, I finally got to meet my idols, Simple Plan.
In person.
After loving them and their music so much and so hard, I attended their private concert
Front-row seats.
After dreaming of being David's girlfriend and dreaming Pat came to the playground while I was playing soccer and dreaming Simple Plan performed in my school's supermarket (lol) and then saying "true fans will always be remembered", I meet them for real.
Awake.

And I didn't faint once yesterday!!

27/11/07 will be remembered.

A L G A E J-

&Iquote

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to make your life happy, because no one else can do it for you.”

- Susan Polis Schutz




aboutme

Liyana

Student- Aviation Management & Services,
School of Engineering,
Temasek Polytechnic.

=)



credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0